Our Home inspectors have a certification for Covid-19 (coronavirus) safety guidelines for home inspection and contractors. This certification is recognized by most states.
Here's the trouble: home occupants are naturally uncertain about allowing anyone inside their homes including inspectors. Stay at home orders can make it difficult, if not impossible, to meet contractual obligations related to real estate transactions and home inspections on a certain timeline. And the choice to ignore these orders can result in fines, delays, stressed-out clients, and more.
Yes Home Inspections LLC™ is the best and always goes the extra mile, but during this time we are being extra diligent using safety measures. We want you to know that Yes Home Inspections LLC™ has policies which promote a safety-first mentality in regards to the Coronavirus (COVID-19). At Yes Home Inspections LLC™ we are making every effort to help prevent the spread of the virus and we understand that our employees and company policies can play an important part.
We're asking our clients that they do not join us and not attend the home inspection. (Stay at home order) You can attend your home inspection via FaceTime. We will be adding other apps so that you can attend your remote home inspection in the near future. We also are asking our clients to pay by credit card or debit card. This is to maintain the best practices of social distancing and minimize interactions. The detail of the report will make you feel as if you were there for the inspection. The Home inspectors will take detailed photos of issues and will be in the report. We will conduct a phone review of the inspection after we've sent out the report to discuss the findings of the inspection.
A home inspection is a vital part of a home purchase. Yes Home Inspections LLC™ believes that home inspections can continue during the COVID-19 outbreak when prudent safety precautions are practiced and when performing the inspection that does not conflict with government orders and recommendations.
Everyone involved with the home inspection is responsible for helping with safety. The following advice is based on current recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), Federal, state, and local agencies, Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), World Health Organization (WHO), medical professionals, American Society of Home Inspectors (ASHI) and International Association of Certified Home Inspectors (InterNACHIs) COVID-19 Guidelines. People should be aware that the situation is changing constantly and should monitor the all of the above for official updates and recommended behavior.
This is the Guidelines that we are enacting for the inspection process. Before, while on-site and after inspection, our inspectors will take the following steps to help maintain a sanitary environment.
- Inspector will start the day with proper hygiene.
- Inspector will clean and disinfect all tools, equipment, phone and vehicle before arriving at the inspection.
- Upon arrival at the home inspection inspector will disinfect his hands and face, again immediately upon entering home and multiple times during the inspection as needed.
- Inspector will wear all proper personal protection equipment (PPE) which includes A N95 mask or N95 respirator, disposable coveralls over the inspectors clothing, Rubber/latex gloves and protective booties over the Inspector shoes.
- Only those tools necessary will enter the home and only when they're needed. Once used, they will be returned to the tool bag outside the home.
- While inspecting the home the inspector will especially disinfect all surfaces, all tools, equipment and phone that the inspector may have touched with a bare hand.
- Inspector will bring their own hand sanitizer and Keep alcohol-based hand sanitizer and/or disinfecting wipes nearby and use it frequently.
- Inspector will bring their own Sanitize bag to dispose of any disinfectant wipes and any PPE.
- Inspector shall not leave anything in the home disinfectant wipes, PPE etc.
- Inspector will clean and disinfect all tools, equipment and vehicle after the inspection.
- Inspector will not shake hands, or bump fists or elbows.
- Inspector will avoid touching their faces.
- If any of our inspectors have a fever or cough, we will not conduct the inspection, and notify all parties involved in a timely manner as possible.
At Yes Home Inspections LLC™, the health and safety of all that is involved in the real estate transaction is our highest priority. In response to the public health situation related to COVID-19, we are diligently monitoring updates from the CDC, Federal, state, and local agencies, OSHA, WHO, medical professionals, ASHI and InterNACHIs to ensure we are taking the necessary steps to protect all that is involved in the real estate transaction. During this time, wherever possible, Yes Home Inspections LLC™ remains open and committed to providing a best-in-class home inspection that helps clients turn a house into a home.
We are also offering rough footage video for pre-listing home inspections at no additional cost. The video can be used for your listing agent virtual home tour.
Some of the things that we instituted in this crisis such as remote viewing of the home inspection and video that can be used for your listing agent virtual home tour are going to be options for our customers from now on.
We understand that all of this may be an inconvenience, and yet we are doing everything we can to keep everyone safe. We realize that things are subject to change at any time, and we will continue to be safe. A moment like this is a reminder about how we all need to band together to overcome challenges and complexities. The spread of the virus has everyone on high alert, but if we all work together then we can take actions to keep everyone safer.
We appreciate your trust during this challenging time. We will continue our mission of ensuring confidents of all that is involved in the real estate transaction with a particular focus on the health and safety of all.
I'm happy to answer any questions about Covid-19 concerns during a home inspection. Please call our office with any questions.
Be safe Sincerely
Al Moravcik / Certified Inspector
Yes Home Inspections LLC™
Chesterfield, MI 48051
CELL: (586) 610-5860